In Cornhusker Bank’s quest to form deeper more valuable relationships with our customers, the unique opportunity to help a customer and a cause that affects our community has arisen. Christian Heritage is a Cornhusker Bank customer founded in 1980 to care for at risk children and families in the state of Nebraska. Their purpose of “offering hope” to children and families is driven by a deep-rooted calling and belief that children from hard places are worth investing in. Christian Heritage is currently accomplishing their purpose through Foster Care, Destination…Dad®, and Safe Families for Children programs. They have positively impacted thousands of children and families over the past 38 years, but know there is still much work to do.
According to Brad Brown, CEO of Christian Heritage, “In 2015, Christian Heritage decided to move our banking needs to Cornhusker Bank. Barry Lockard, President and CEO, took the time to meet with our executive leadership team and work us through their mission, vision, beliefs and core values. The personal connection, along with their mission to serve by providing solutions for lifelong success really resonated with us. Their customer service is outstanding and they have a team of professionals who live out their core values. We highly recommend Cornhusker Bank to individuals and companies in search of a home bank to meet their needs.”
Cornhusker Bank is committed to the success of our customers and to the local community we love. We are therefore pleased to share information about an upcoming fundraising opportunity the nonprofit agency, Christian Heritage, has coming up soon. Their fundraising efforts will allow them to further their purpose of offering hope to children and families.
Christian Heritage has partnered with Over the Edge to increase awareness and raise needed funds to sustain invaluable services to children and families. Anyone who signs up as an “Edger” and personally raises $1,000 on behalf of Christian Heritage will earn the right to rappel from the roof of the Cornhusker Marriott on Saturday, August 11th. If you are interested in going over the edge, here is how it works:
- Follow the orange “sign up” link at www.otecwe.com/lincoln. Christian Heritage requires $85 to register and start your fundraising.
- After sign up, you’ll have a customized page you can post on your social media accounts in search of friends and family who will help you reach your $1,000 goal.
- You’ll have an option to secure your rappelling position by using your credit card as a guarantee. Please note if you use this option, if you have not reached your $1,000 goal by August 11th, your card will automatically be charged the remainder of any unraised funding to reach your $1,000 minimum.
- Again, $1,000 is the minimum to secure your position to rappel. If you’re able to raise even more, it makes you a bigger hero to the children and families in need!
- If you would simply like to donate to this fundraiser without becoming an “Edger”, you can do so at www.otecwe.com/lincoln/brad.brown.
Brad Brown would also love to hear from you if you or your organization are interested in a sponsorship. Or if you would simply like to learn more about Christian Heritage. Brad can be reached at 402-421-5425 or at email@example.com.
Cornhusker Bank has staff members who have “gone over the edge” to raise funds for a local non-profit in the past and highly recommend the experience and encourage you to embrace the opportunity to rappel, while helping children and families at the same time.
To learn more about Christian Heritage, please visit www.chne.org.