What is One Day Without Shoes?
April 10, 2018 will be the 8th Annual One Day Without Shoes event held by Cornhusker Bank. Cornhusker Bank was inspired to start promoting this event by TOMS Shoes which donates a pair of shoes to a child in need in a third-world country for every pair of Tom’s Shoes which are sold. Cornhusker Bank recognized the needs in our community for those with inadequate footwear and partnered with People’s City Mission to help satisfy those needs.
View our One Day Without Shoes video.
How can you be involved?
- By contacting Cornhusker Bank to arrange placement of a People’s City Mission donation barrel or box for new and used shoes in your place of business April 2nd through the 13th, 2018.
- By making a monetary donation to the People’s City Mission for the One Day Without Shoes event.
- By dropping off donations of new or used footwear at any Cornhusker Bank or partner location April 2nd through the 13th, 2018.
- By joining us for a walk from the Cornhusker Bank Center at 84th & O to the People’s City Mission Help Center at 68th & P on April 10th, 2018 at 11 a.m. to help raise awareness of the need for shoes.
- By going shoeless on April 10th to help raise awareness of this event and the importance of adequate footwear.
One Day Without Shoes Events have been a Huge Success
In 2011 Cornhusker Bank and People’s City Mission partnered to help raise awareness of the impact a pair of shoes can have on a person’s life by hosting a One Day Without Shoes event annually. The public has been encouraged to bring their new or used shoes, or cash donations to help put shoes on the feet of Lincoln’s less fortunate. In the first seven years of hosting this event, Cornhusker Bank’s six locations and numerous business partners have collected over 95,500 pairs of shoes and monetary donations totaling over $58,500!
Pastor Tom Barber, Executive Director of the People’s City Mission reported, “With this amazing amount of shoes and money we collected we will be able to help thousands of people. Thank you Cornhusker Bank for creating this event and thank you, all of Lincoln for all your kindness.”
For more information, please call 402-434-3788.